Veterans Parade – Entry
Parade Rules and Disclaimers
The American Legion & VFW shall be absolutely nonpolitical and shall not be used for the dissemination of partisan principles nor for the promotion of the candidacy of any person seeking public office or preferment. Any violation of this or any parade rules will result in entry member or entire entry removal from the parade.
- Our Veterans Parade’s primary purpose is to honor all military veterans and their families. Our mission is simple: To educate and inspire community awareness while paying tribute to the service and sacrifices all veterans have endured in the pursuit of freedoms. Therefore, ALL parade entries MUST honor and thank our veterans for their service. Entries should be decorated to pay tribute to our veterans or incorporate the current year’s parade theme or display patriotism. The 2022 Parade Theme is: SALUTE TO THE NAVY. Floats must be constructed in a safe manner & not present a hazard.
- Each entry interested in entering the Most Patriotic School Contest must complete an application and check the contest box on the parade application. Each entry must display the entry’s name walking or driving through the parade or result in point deduction.
- A person over 18 years old must accompany junior entrants under six years old.
- All entries with live animals/equestrian units MUST either have diaper bags or provide a clean-up crew that walks immediately behind the horses. It is unacceptable to ask marchers to submit to animal deposits.
- The Parade Committee accepts no responsibility for false statements made by applicants.
- Participants must conduct themselves in an orderly and respectful manner.
- Entry applications and parade day entries are all subject to approval by Parade Committee. Contact information will not be shared or used for any purpose other than for teh Los Banos Veterans Parade.
- By taking part in the Veterans Parade, all members of your organization are giving permission to be photographed and videotaped during this public event and for such photos and videos to be used in promoting the event.
- NOISE: Sound-amplifying equipment will maintain volume so as not to interfere with others, and must play parade-type music. Vehicle/Motorcycle revving is prohibited.
- Absolutely NO handing, throwing or otherwise passing candy or other materials from parade vehicles to the crowd. No getting on and off of moving vehicles. Must keep moving; not stopping.
- The parade MUST maintain its moving forward progress; any performed routines that stop the parade should be limited in frequency and duration. Participants may be instructed to progress along parade route in order to maintain the flow of the parade & must abide by those instructions.
- Staging instructions will be mailed approximately one week prior to the parade & will be posted on the following website: www.losbansoveterans.org.
Agreement & Release of Liability:
The undersigned further represents that he/she is authorized to execute this application and indemnity on behalf of the business or organization listed. The business or organization shall save and hold the City of Los Banos, VFW Post #2487, American Legion Post #166 and other sponsoring organizations, its employees, directors, officers, and agents harmless from any and all claims or causes of actions for injury or death to persons or damage to property resulting from internal or negligent acts, errors, or omissions of its employees during the use of this permit. The business or organization certifies it does not discriminate and shall not discriminate against any person or group of persons on account of race, religion, sex, marital status, disability, ancestry, or national origin.
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS LISTED ABOVE.
For your records, be sure to PRINT a copy of this page before clicking the submit button.
2022 Los Banos Veterans Parade
Saturday, November 5, 2022
Salute to the Navy
In 2014, the Los Banos American Legion Post 166 and the VFW Post 2487 joined together to provide a Veterans Parade. As Los Banos is a small town, it was decided to hold the parade the weekend before Veterans Day in an effort to not compete with the festivities of the larger neighboring towns.
The primary purpose of our Veterans Parade is to honor all military veterans and their families. Additionally, it is to educate and inspire community awareness while paying tribute to the service and sacrifices all veterans have endured in the pursuit of freedoms. While all veterans are honored, each year the committee selects a “theme” for the parade. Click here for the parade entry form.
The Los Banos Veterans Parade Committee is formed by a group of volunteers, both veterans and non-veterans, and welcomes new committee members. If you would like more information about the various ways you can be involved, be sure to visit our parade volunteer page.